The lawyer for convicted terrorist Anders Behring Breivik has submitted a request for parole from prison. Breivik also warns of a new lawsuit against the state.
– “He wants this now. He has been in solitary confinement for over eight years since the trial was over,” says lawyer Øystein Storrvik to VG.
Breivik was sentenced to 21 years in prison for killing 77 people on Utøya and at the government quarter on July 22, 2001.
Lawyer Storrvik also warns that they are planning a new lawsuit against the state about Breivik’s conditions of imprisonment. In 2015, Breivik sued the state for human rights violations. He was initially partially upheld in Oslo District Court, but the Borgarting Court of Appeal believed his human rights had not been violated.
© NTB Scanpix / #Norway Today
- Trump says Egypt may ‘blow up’ Ethiopia damPrint 🖨 PDF 📄 eBook 📱 US President Donald Trump voiced anger at Ethiopia over its construction of a huge dam on the Nile River
- Ethiopia: Injecting New Blood Into National EconomyPrint 🖨 PDF 📄 eBook 📱By Addisalem Mulat – It is worth mentioning the fact that Ethiopia and its people have been working from dawn
- EU 9m Euros Donation Aims Combating Desert LocustsPrint 🖨 PDF 📄 eBook 📱ADDIS ABABA – The European Union (EU) announced that it has donated nine million Euros to supplement efforts of Ethiopia’s
- Eritrean leader arrives in Ethiopia to boost tiesPrint 🖨 PDF 📄 eBook 📱BY ADMIN ON OCTOBER 12, 2020 Eritrean President Isaias Afewerki arrived in Ethiopia for a three day official visit on